Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I went in for labs today.  My blood pressure was a little high (140ish/80ish), but with this chemo, that's normal.  I got weighed today and since I started this chemo I've apparently lost 12 lbs.  Um, yay?  Yeah, that's a yay. 

Then the nurses told me they wanted a urine sample.  Gah.  I was told last time that I didn't need to do that until I see the doctor.  If they would tell me, I would be prepared.  I offered to suck down my vanilla flavored kuerig coffee, and the nurses laughed.  At least I didn't pee all over myself this time.

And that's about it.  I still feel really tired, and my legs must be tired too. 

My mom and dad sent a package, and in the package was a little rock with this verse on it:  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5"  How relevant to my life is that?  I do struggle with wanting to be the boss of myself rather than yielding to God and letting Him have control of my life.  When I do quit being so stubborn, my days are much smoother and more peaceful.  So today, I will just trust.

Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers.  I feel very blessed to have so many awesome people in my life.

2 comments:

  1. You deserve awesome people in your life, considering you yourself are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I have to give a pee sample I worry that the first bit will be all there is (because of the whole mid-stream thing - like you have to pee, then stop, then collect it). Also, I often pee on my own hand too. Sometimes being male would be awfully handy. Hang in there Sheri!

    ReplyDelete