Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Kindness is everywhere

Even at the lame-o cancer center, y'all!

The tech who stuck my arm for the contrast IV was freaking AWESOME.  Seriously.  I didn't even feel the needle stick.  When I mentioned it to her, she seemed surprised and thanked me for saying so.

People in the waiting room were wishing each other good luck and offering prayers for each other.

I told myself that I wasn't going to stop at Starbucks today.  Then I ended up there anyway because the coffee cups in the radiology waiting room don't have lids.  *eyeroll*  I know.  I look for any excuse.  The woman who works at the Starbucks wouldn't let me pay for my coffee today. 

I cried a little on the way home.  It's so easy to forget the little things on this journey.  It's so easy to get stuck in how crappy things are.  Today I prayed that I would remember to look for kindness, and remember to pay it forward whenever I can.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like kindness was everywhere! As a nurse I must tell you that when a patient pays you a compliment it makes Nursing very worthwhile! So I am thanking you for that Nurse! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not realize just how lovely you are. Your kindness shows everywhere that you go. I love you, Sheri. Mom J

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me, you really do.

    ReplyDelete