Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Awake

I woke up to strange voices, kind of sounding like some sort of space mission.  Eric mumbled something about the TV, rolled over, and went back to sleep.  I laughed.  It was, after all, kind of funny.

Then I realized that my ostomy has been FREAKING OUT since I went to bed.  Although it is nice to be sleeping and pooping at the same time, there was also a major filter fail on my pouch.  It happens.  I opted to get up and change it out.  My guts are expressing their anger at the barium (banana flavor!) that I had to drink last night.  Sorry guts, I have another bottle in about an hour and a half, then more at the clinic.  Perhaps I should have agreed to the chest only CT scan that my onc suggested and avoided the barium altogether?  I have a need to see my clean liver, so he's humoring me, I think.  Maybe next time I'll consider it.

The middle of the night ostomy adventures woke my brain up, and I started thinking so many things that now here I am.  I would have to get up in about an hour anyway (my CT is at 6:30am!!) and I get a benedryl nap today, so I think it will be okay.  We shall see.

Play a 4am version of guess that song?

She says baby
It's 3 am I must be lonely
When she says baby
Well I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes
Says the rain's gonna wash away I believe it

2 comments:

  1. Thinking About you!!! (I think Allison is too, b/c she was up at the same time last night) :)
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. matchbox 20! Love them:) Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete