Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Choosing to have a peaceful, calm spirit

That's what I meditated on today when I did my yoga, but choosing to be calm and peaceful is harder than you'd think.  I don't feel stressed out but I know I am...does that even make sense?  I think it's the prozac.  Running helps a little, yoga helps a little, staying busy helps a little, hugging my kids and husband helps a little.  Maybe all the little bits will add up to calm and peaceful.

We did get an appointment at Emory, and thankfully we don't have to wait too long to see the doctor.  The appointment is on the 21st.  I was really surprised to get in so soon.  It's nice to have that piece done.

This is my 300th post.  I wish I didn't have this blog, I wish I didn't have to post a 300th post, but I hope it's helpful for someone.  As always, if you are reading and feel this would be a help to anyone, please pass it along.  I remember feeling so alone when I was diagnosed.  Even on the internets, there wasn't much out there for a 32 year old with rectal cancer.  I know there are several blogs now, which is both good and bad.  Telling our stories is important, and that's one of the reasons I keep blogging here.  That, and the fact that fucking cancer won't leave. 

Thank you for thinking of my family, of my kids, and for the thoughts and prayers for me. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri,

    I'm sincerely sorry that you had a need to have this blog - but I'm grateful that you've shared so much on here.
    It truly has helped me so much. Every time I got upset about the colostomy I thought of you and how you'd dealt with it, it has helped me come to terms with it all knowing I'm not alone.

    Glad you've got your appointment sorted out and I will be thinking about you on Monday and hoping you get the best news possible.

    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so appreciate your blog. It has been a huge help to me. I also wish you didn't have to start writing it again. Always thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete