Thursday, August 26, 2010

Well, I guess it's about time to find a wound care nurse. Aside from the fact that I haven't had my wound looked at by a professional since June, yesterday we had the Case of the Missing Gauze. That's right, a whole piece of gauze is unaccounted for and I have no idea what might have happened. Eric couldn't find it last night, I didn't take it out, and I don't think it could have fallen out. Could it? I don't know.

I was really upset about the whole thing last night, not so much that gauze is apparently lost in my ass wound, but just about everything. Sometimes I get really mad and frustrated that I'm dealing with any of this. That I have this blog. That my ass wound won't heal. That I have to have a colonoscopy years before normal people. That I'll have a CT Scan in October. It's just not fair, and last night I had a pity party complete with angry tears.

Today? Eh. After all the shit I've gone through in the past year, not much surprises me anymore. And it is past time to find a wound care nurse. So today I'll call around and try to get an appointment for today or tomorrow. Eric is positive he can't see any gauze in there, but I'm paranoid that left-in guaze will cause a raging infection and goodness knows I don't need that.

I'll keep you posted. I know you're now on the edge of your seat to find out what happens in the Case of the Missing Gauze. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment