Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's okay to have a bad day.

This was the best thing Eric could have said to me yesterday. It's okay to have a bad day. So often I feel like I need to keep it together, that I don't like crying in front of the kids, that I want to put on a brave face. I'm harder on myself than I am on anyone else. I'm struggling with what life has handed me, and yesterday the dam broke.

It happens. Today will be a better day. I feel like I was able to get out some of the stuff I've been holding in, I think that's good. I have cancer, man, I think I'm entitled to a freak out every now and again.

Good things can come out of bad days. I was reminded that there are so many people thinking about me and rooting for me and who want to help. I'm not alone, my family isn't alone. That's so comforting.

And now it's time for a bean burrito, and hopefully it tastes right!

No comments:

Post a Comment