Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just a quiet Sunday

I decided this morning that I wanted off the vicodin. I have no rational reason for deciding this. Wait, I do. I'm paranoid about constipation. That and I don't like the fuzzy feeling associated with vicodin. So Eric and I reasoned I could alternate tylonel (vicodin is tylonel, so I hear) and ibuprofen. That lasted until about 2pm. It's too soon, and I guess I need to be okay with that for a little while longer. At least if I want to do things like shower, because taking a shower was kind of crummy today when I was off the vicodin.

Let's see. We changed the wafer today. The stoma looks awesome, in the opinion of someone with no medical training and no previous knowledge of stomas. My mom, who is a nurse, said it looks good, so I trust her. I'm wearing an opaque bag today, and I feel so much better about it. But on the other hand, it does bug me a little not to know what's going on in there. I can't win! For going out though, I think this option is much better.

The butt stitches seems good too, again based on no knowledge of stitches whatsoever. They're holding together, and that's what they're supposed to do. I could live without the dripping of blood, which my doc assures me is normal for up to a month. My cloth pads are getting a work out and that makes me happy.

So I'm going to try to go out tomorrow morning. There are conundrums. What to wear? I lost weight at the hospital, so I will need to evaluate my pants. Bringing extra ostomy supplies with me. Feeling good enough to go out in the first place. Mostly I'm excited about going somewhere and doing something.

That was today. Tomorrow's another day. I'm feeling better about things. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment