Friday, January 22, 2010

Another day

I'm feeling somewhat better today, still running a low grade fever, but at least peeing is easier. My poor bladder has really been through a lot, man. It will be interesting to request the hospital records and see how many times I was actually cathed.

Eric is going to a wake tonight for a coworker's relative who died from cancer. How fucking scary is that, to hear stories of people with cancer who DIE? So far we have been just unbelieveably fortunate in the timing of everything and that I've responded well to treatments. I can't stress enough though, if something in your body isn't right, get it checked out. I'm not saying every little ache and pain is going to be cancer, but pay attention to your body and take care of it. You only get one, yo.

Getting around is starting to come more easily. I still get tired fast, I can only do things that go fast. I can, for example, make a smoothie, but am unable to hang around for any of the clean up. I can heat up mashed potatoes (my new favorite food) and get a glass of water. Little things. If I really really have to, I can bend over and pick something up, but it makes me awfully cranky. One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, one day at a time is the only way to make it through life without completely freaking out over everything.

    You're doing awesome, Sheri.

    ReplyDelete