Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Livin' on the Edge

If you follow me on facebook, you already know I ate half a bean burrito last night for dinner. When I refer to this as "living on the edge," it's for a couple of reasons. Beans have an incredible effect on one's bowels. I haven't eaten beans in, wow, probably a month. You put those two facts together and what do you get? Perhaps you don't want to know.

Man, that burrito (it was an Annie's brand bean burrito, if you were curious) was worth it. It was soooooo good. For someone like me who pretty much lived on beans and vegetables and fresh fruit the abrupt change to a basically white diet was hard. I'm tired of rice and applesauce. I'm even kind of tired of toast, and I freaking love toast. Over the past week I've been adding a little more cooked vegetables, but obviously it was too soon for the beans.

I did read though that the effects of the radiation continue for a couple of weeks past the end date, including bowel sensitivity. So yes, I did know that eating the bean burrito was a risky endeavor. No regrets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment