Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The other nutritionist ambushed me today. I was all, "I'm really sorry, but I need to find a restroom NOW." I had to freaking pee like crazy because it was x-ray day and I totally forgot, so of course I overdid it on the water. So the nutritionist was nicer and in my not so humble opinion more knowledgeable than the one I talked to last week. We laughed about vegetarians who eat fish and how silly they are. She was really glad I'm taking probiotics and said the stuff I'm doing sounds great. So go me! I'm capable of feeding myself!

I think the Radiation Girls were very relieved when I didn't bleed all over their table. Hah.

On the way home, I was rocking out to the Black Eyed Peas and suddenly the sun came through the clouds and I started to cry. I'm just so overwhelmingly grateful. Yeah, this situation sucks, and it's probably going to continue sucking for a while. But you know what? Things can always be worse. My children are healthy. My husband loves me and takes care of all of us, and I know that's not easy. My family and friends have reached out in so many ways. We have a place to live and food to eat. And I really think things are going to be okay.

That doesn't mean it's not scary and sad and frustrating and terrible. It's all that and then some. There are a lot of questions still, lots of what ifs and how are we going to manage THATs. Days are long and I wish I could do all the stuff I used to do. One day at a time, right?

Big hugs everyone. Even if you don't think you need one, you probably do.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to YOU! You are such an inspiration. I'm glad the sun showed you some love today, and that you felt all of our love heading your way :)

    ReplyDelete