Sunday, October 11, 2009

Let's talk about...

being tired. Have I talked about this? I can't remember, probably because I'm so tired. Hahahahahaha. Hah. Ahem.

Anyways, thus far, being tired is one of the only side effects I've had the displeasure of experiencing. And it's not a tired that goes away after sleeping all night. When I wake up in the morning, about an hour later I feel icky and the only thing that helps is laying on the couch. I typically have just enough time to make tea and toast for myself, hot chocolate for the kids, and get them a quickie breakfast snack. Isn't that crazy? And I think I could take three or four naps a day and still feel tired.

Things like being at the computer make me tired. I can tell when I push myself too much because I get nauseous and headachy. Most of the time just reclining on the couch makes me feel better. For someone like me, doing nothing is hard. I'm not used to just sitting around. I'm not used to staying at home, missing all my usual groups. I think if I didn't have so many awesome friends volunteering to help watch Reese and Eli, it would be very lonely.

This has definitely been a shift in thinking. Instead of "Where do you want to go today?" it's more "What can we do while I'm hanging around on the couch?" It sucks that I'm just not able to do everything I used to do to take care of my own house. Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful for Eric stepping up and doing more, and for various friends and family who have emptied the dishwasher or folded clothes while they were here. And the meals...that's been a huge help too.

I know this isn't going to be forever. It seems like it though, knowing I have what, 17 more treatments? At least? One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you listening to your bod and resting! healing time(s).....makes a huge difference with a normal little virus-i wonder how much more so with cancer. -renee n.

    ReplyDelete