Thursday, September 10, 2009

One of my favorite times of the day is early morning. Yeah, sleep is nice, sleeping late is nice, but having some time alone is nice too. I used to wile away the brief early morning time doing such things as writing junky stories I'll never let anyone read, goofing off on whatever internet game is popular right now (Farmville), catching up on my vegan blog reading, plotting my next sewing project. I make a pot of coffee too, huddling over the coffee grinder to muffle it because I'm positive it wakes Reese up (even though I'm in the kitchen and she's all the way in her room, door closed, noisemaker cranked to babbling brook).

This early morning I can't help thinking about all the things I have to do, big and small. Reese wants to make applesauce so I need to find a recipe. A trip to the library is planned for this morning, books will have to be gathered. If I'm going to the grocery store, we need a list. When the doctor calls, I have to remember to ask how long my appointment on Tuesday will be so we can figure out who will watch the kids. I have to wean Eli in the next 7-10 days. I'm going to cut my hair soon, probably this weekend, and I want a salon that donates to Locks of Love. I should call my sister.

There are few moments during the day when I think about these things. In some ways our lives have ground to a halt. Plans are in limbo, we don't know what's going to happen in the weeks and months ahead. But day to day things don't stop needing attention. I just had to pause this blogging to go get Eli back to sleep. That's exactly what I mean.

Anyway, I lost my train of thought, Reese is suddenly starving, and it's time for us to start our day.

1 comment:

  1. Well damn. I am struggling to find the *right* words but basically just want to say I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll curse with you and say it fucking sucks. This is Prudence. You may remember me, or not. You, your beautiful family, and Turtle Time designs made a strong impression on me. I'm sending my love and prayers as you guys make your way through this. I love the blogspot outlet you have here, I hope it helps, and I'll be back to check in..

    ReplyDelete