Sunday, September 13, 2009

The E.N.D.

I love the Black Eyed Peas. Is that weird? It all started with a little song called My Humps, which my 5th and 6th grade girls liked to sing on the playground. Can we all say INAPPROPRIATE?? So I tuned in more to the local top 40s station they liked to listen to in order to bust them when they decided to hold their version of American Idol complete with swears and naughty dances. And what do you know? I'm hooked on top 40s music like it's crack. You name a song on the top 40 (mostly pop and hiphop, since I'm confessing it all here), I probably know most of the lyrics. Reese's favorite song for the longest time was "Low" by Flo Rida. I clearly have no shame.

I was in the car this evening, listening to the Black Eyed Peas "The End" CD. The first song on the CD is Boom Boom Pow, but it's prefaced by some odd, cyber sounding talking. I usually fast forward through that to get to the good stuff. Tonight there was some traffic, so I didn't get a chance and actually listened to that cyber sounding guy. For those of you who aren't Black Eyed Peas afficionados, here's what he says:

Welcome.
Welcome to The E.N.D.
Do not panic
There is nothing to fear.
Everything around you is changing
Nothing stays the same
This version of myself is not permanent
Tomorrow I will be different
The Energy Never Dies
Energy cannot be destroyed
Or created
It always is
And it always will be
This is The E.N.D.
And the beginning
Forever
Infinite
Welcome...

Does that give you chills or what??

Tuesday afternoon, laying on the table in the doctor's office after the initial exam, when he told me he strongly suspected cancer, it was the end of the world. That's it. Pack up and go home. Game over. All I could think about was, "What am I going to do?" Over the past few days I've come to realize that it's not about what I am going to do. My friends and family have shown me it's what WE are going to do. I'm so thankful for that.

And the wise Black Eyed Peas are right. This isn't the end. This is a beginning. I have been given something, a beginning. I don't know what the end result will be, but I'm glad to not be alone.

In case you were wondering, the E.N.D. stands for Energy Never Dies. :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG Sheri,
    That is prob the most wonderful blog I have ever read, it made me cry because you are so right!!!! I wish the best for you and your family, and I mean BEST!!!! Love ya guys!
    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete